How much do you know about gout? Take this interesting and informative gout quiz and test your knowledge.
- Chen-Xu M, et al. Contemporary Prevalence of Gout and Hyperuricemia in the United States and Decadal Trends: The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2007-2016. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2019 Jun;71(6):991-999.
- Go For Six. Gout Education Society website. Available at: https://gouteducation.org/patient/go-for-six/. Accessed December 12, 2019.
- Gout. Cleveland Clinic website. Available at: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/4755-gout. Accessed December 12, 2019.
- Choi HK, et al. Nocturnal risk of gout attacks. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2015;67(2):555-562.
- What is Gout? Gout Education Society website. Available at: https://gouteducation.org/what-is-gout/. Accessed December 12, 2019.
- Allopurinol Tablets, USP [prescribing information]. Memphis, TN: Northstar Healthcare Holdings; 2016.
- KRYSTEXXA® (pegloticase injection) [prescribing information]. Lake Forest, IL: Horizon Pharma Rheumatology LLC; 2016.
- Mitigare® (colchicine) capsules [prescribing information]. Columbus, OH: West-Ward Columbus, Inc.; 2018.
- Nicola Dalbeth and Keith J Petrie: It’s time to change the name of gout. The British Medical Journal Opinion/Comment and opinion from the BMJ’s international community of readers, authors, and editors. Available at: https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2018/02/05/nicola-dalbeth-and-keith-j-petrie-its-time-to-change-the-name-of-gout/. Accessed 5/1/19
- Higashino T, Takada T, Nakaoka H, et al. Multiple common and rare variants of ABCG2 cause gout. RMD Open. 2017;3:e000464.
- Chang S-J, Chen C-J, et al. ABCG2 contributes to the development of gout and hyperuricemia in a genome-wide association study. Nature/Scientific Reports. 2018;8:3137.
- Zhu Y et al. Prevalence of Gout and Hyperuricemia in the US General Population. The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2007–2008. Arthritis Rheum. 2011;63(10):3136–3141.
- Gout/Diagnosis & treatment. Mayo Clinic Website. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gout/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20372903. Accessed December 12, 2019.
- Singh JA. The impact of gout on patient’s lives: a study of African-American and Caucasian men and women with gout. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:R132.
- Rome et al. The effects of commercially available footwear on foot pain and disability in people with gout: a pilot study. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. 2013;14:278–287.
- Stewart S et al. The effect of good and poor walking shoe characteristics on plantar pressure and gain in people with gout. Clin Biomech. 2014;29(10):1158–1163.